Would you like to purchase a large trailer to tow with your Toyota Tacoma? Typical Class 3, 4 or 5 hitches require a good weight-distribution hitch, so you will also need that.
It distributes the downward force from heavy trailers across a larger, more even plane with the use of a weight distributing hitch, which is also called a trailer equalizer. In order to prevent the rear of your vehicle from being too heavy, it’s important that this downward force, called tongue weight, is evenly distributed. Besides damaging your Toyota Tacoma, this can also cause your vehicle to lose control and damage your trailer receiver hitch.
You’ll definitely want to learn more about weight distributing hitches before buying one, as they can help keep you safe while driving and towing. The post that follows will introduce you to some of the best weight distributing hitches for sale. Next, we’ll discuss the various types of weight distributing hitches available today, their differences, and which ones work best for what purposes.
Andersen Hitches No Sway Weight Distribution Hitch
A no sway weight distribution hitch from Andersen Hitches is one of the top products available on the market today. A weight distribution hitch like this is different from those with round bars and trunnions. As an alternative to spring bars and chains, it comes with a damper that corrects both trailer sway and trailer bouncing. A nut is also helpful in tightening or loosening chains and dampers .As well as being lightweight, coming in at under 60 lbs, Andersen Hitches promise to provide a smooth and exceptionally quiet ride as you tow. Ten thousand pounds of GVWR and 1,400 pounds of tongue weight are specified. These recommendations are made in the United States and are covered by a limited lifetime warranty .While a bit pricier than other similar weight distribution hitches, this hitch has a superior design that makes it one of the best weight distribution hitches on sale today.
- Pros/Unique design ensures quiet and smooth operation, Lifetime warranty, Made in the USA
- Cons/On the expensive side
EAZ LIFT 1,000 lbs Elite Bent Bar Weight Distributing Hitch
- Pros/Inexpensive, Variety of tongue ratings, 5 year warranty
- Cons/Does not mitigate sway and bounce as much as other similar products
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control Hitch
- Pros/High quality, Great for long trailers, Variety of weight ratings and sizes available
- Cons/A more expensive weight distributing hitch
Husky Round Bar Weight Distribution Hitch with Bolt-Together Ball Mount/Shank Assembly
- Pros/Inexpensive, Easy to install and use, Heavy duty weight rating
- Cons/Flimsy packaging, Not as well-built as some more expensive weight distribution
Pro Series Complete Weight Distribution Kit
- Pros/Heavy duty weight rating, Inexpensive, Includes hitch ball
- Cons/Very heavy, a bit noisy when towing